Monday, January 27, 2014

Things I'm Enjoying Online

With so many bad things on the Internet, I thought I'd share a few things worth your time that I've been enjoying.

1. https://unroll.me/


This is at the top of list!  Basically you sign up for Unroll Me to help you unsubscribe from all your annoying email subscriptions.  I know for me that there were a lot of subscriptions that I thought I unsubscribed from, but somehow I'd still get emails from them.  Not anymore!  And it's done in a very streamlined way that takes less than 10 minutes.  Then with the subscriptions you want to keep, you can put them in a daily roll up so that it collects them all and just sends them to you in one email.  I love it because I get that in the mornings then the rest of the day if I have an email it's always from a friend/ real person.  I can't recommend this enough!  (It also has on-going detections for any new subscriptions.)

2. http://www.theskimm.com/

The Skimm!  I heard about this on the blog Eat, Live, Run.  It sends me an email on weekday mornings (in my daily roll-up, haha) with summaries of big national and world news headlines.  I like it because it's super to the point, but you can also click over to the full story if you are more interesting.  It takes me about 5 minutes to read each morning, and yet I feel like I can talk about the world in an educated way to people now.  I know that it really hits all of the best stories because if I read it, then turn on a news network later in the day I already know literally everything they are talking about so that's great.  One disclaimer though: it definitely takes a more liberal bend towards things than my personal belief system, but I feel like I'm wise/ intelligent enough to know when it is doing that and filter it through my own world view.  You can go to their website and see the most recent Skimm before enrolling.


If you don't have a Pinterest account, I think you should get one.  There's a lot of hatred towards Pinterest out there, but my opinion is that those people just don't know how to use it correctly.  It is my very favorite social media sight.  Maybe I will do another post on that someday because for now I want to talk about how I love my pinboard with my fashion pins.  In the Fall I started really pinning to it more at the prompting of the blogger Hayley from Tiny Twig.  It has really helped me discover what type of style I like wear.  It made packing for trips last year so much easier!  I can really see now how to wear and layer clothing items I already have and like for a new look.  It's great.




Ok, so maybe I haven't actually used this yet, but I plan to tonight.  Also I told Beth about it, she used it and she liked it, so it's impossible that I will not like it.  This is the 7 minute work out, and it just plays on your screen like pictured above and you follow along.  I've been super slacking on my cross-training because I'm too tired/lazy to do a Jillian Michaels' DVD even though that's only 30 minutes.  I know I can talk myself into 7 minutes and then hopefully it will be so great that I do it twice!

What are you liking on the Internets?!

1 comment:

Lesley Smith said...

Loved this post so much that I clicked on literally every link. I love getting recommendations from YOU!

Love,

Lesley

© Unfolding the Foldenauers. Powered by Cake