Thursday, February 6, 2014

I Gotta Feelin'

I've had a couple of experiences lately that left me with a great feeling, which made me start thinking of all of the things/experiences that leave me with a good feeling. I know that's hard to quantify, but I also think we all intrinsically just get it. So I want to make a list, kind of like Julie Andrews favorite things song, to remind me of some of them. Some are deep, some a super shallow.
  • When your spouse or someone else close to you prays over you. Not just prays FOR you, but prays OVER you.
  • When you pull on a pair of jeans you haven't worn in a while, fearing they will be too tight, but they fit perfectly.
  • A walk in Spring when the flowers are in perfect bloom and the birds are chirping.
  • The end of a good run.
  • The inner peace after a meaningful talk with a friend or family member.
  • Finding out someone close to you is engaged or pregnant.
  • Watching a baptism.
  • Driving down a back road at twilight.
  • Going on a road trip by yourself and listening to worship music the whole time.
  • Being on the beach.
  • Finding cash in an old coat pocket.
  • Checking the mail, finding zero bills, and a letter from a friend or family member instead.
  • Going back to a beloved place from an earlier season of life.
  • Getting a full night of sleep.
  • When your morning cup of coffee starts to take effect.
I'm sure I could think of more, but these are off the top of my head.  What should I add to the list?

2 comments:

Bianca said...

I love this!!

Lesley Stowe said...

I love all of these!

Hmm... additions...

1) When you wake up in the morning and your hair looks awesome from the day before, so there's no need to fix it!

2) Having a new recipe turn out perfectly.

3) Walking barefoot through the shady spots in the summer where the grass is still cool to touch.

4) When a kid runs up so fast to hug and squeeze you when they see you coming.

5) Rocking chairs.

TOTALLY agree with all of these. But OMG twilight on a back road?!! The best! Seriously!

© Unfolding the Foldenauers. Powered by Cake