- When your spouse or someone else close to you prays over you. Not just prays FOR you, but prays OVER you.
- When you pull on a pair of jeans you haven't worn in a while, fearing they will be too tight, but they fit perfectly.
- A walk in Spring when the flowers are in perfect bloom and the birds are chirping.
- The end of a good run.
- The inner peace after a meaningful talk with a friend or family member.
- Finding out someone close to you is engaged or pregnant.
- Watching a baptism.
- Driving down a back road at twilight.
- Going on a road trip by yourself and listening to worship music the whole time.
- Being on the beach.
- Finding cash in an old coat pocket.
- Checking the mail, finding zero bills, and a letter from a friend or family member instead.
- Going back to a beloved place from an earlier season of life.
- Getting a full night of sleep.
- When your morning cup of coffee starts to take effect.
Thursday, February 6, 2014
I Gotta Feelin'
I've had a couple of experiences lately that left me with a great feeling, which made me start thinking of all of the things/experiences that leave me with a good feeling. I know that's hard to quantify, but I also think we all intrinsically just get it. So I want to make a list, kind of like Julie Andrews favorite things song, to remind me of some of them. Some are deep, some a super shallow.